New in shop

New in shop

Pages

March 10, 2010

The Bead Inspectors

The bead inspectors at ZionShore are two furry males with lots of facial hair. They are quite new to this job and when they are not busy whacking beads underneath the fridge or couch they moonlight as the backyard surveillance team.



Their names are Charlie and Thomas. They have only been with me just a little over a year. Charlie is 6 years old and Thomas is 3. They are my parents cats. After having them since they were tiny kittens my Mom's mysterious chronic cough of 2 years was diagnosed as "severe cat allergies".



So they came to live with my family. Thomas was first to arrive! It wasn't easy for him, he tried to make himself at home, but he missed Charlie!!





And Charlie felt all alone and wondered where Thomas had gone to.




Not too long after though Charlie joined him and they have settled in quite nicely.






The toys in my house are all on double duty. My son plays with them during the day and the cats have at it in the middle of the night.



Nothing ever goes on in the back yard without their knowing about it!


My mom dreams of having them back one day. That may not be possible, especially with Thomas, but she does visit them! In fact she'll be over this weekend to pamper them!

11 comments:

  1. Oh, my two boys inspect everything that comes into my house, too, including beads! I love cat pictures. What fine looking felines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Your cats are adorable! Thanks for sharing. :)

    Found you via RikRak's cat post links.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww what cute kitties. The red one looks like my kitty. I am glad you took them both.

    PussDaddy

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute. And, what is it about cats and boxes, small spaces? I have never had a cat, but I always see them in boxes smaller then they are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll get the box now, diet, and then fit into it by summertime.
    Oh no wait that's me thinking about my wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw so stinkin' cute!
    Just getting caught up on blog reading, glad I caught this one!!!!
    Charlie looks just like my big head.
    Great cheery post

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my they are adorable! I keep at my cats' toys in a toy box on my bookcase. They love to drag them out and play with them.. if only they would put them back ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love them! So cute!! Orange boy kitties are the best! :) I make jewelry sometimes, and my kitty likes to pick up the strands of beads and hide them from me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your kitties are so funny!
    found you on etsy forums
    http://pinkdandychatter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, your cats are so HANDSOME! They look happy and well-kept :) Yep, my Maine Coon thought the dishwasher was a good place to be when she was a kitten...whew! Took me a while to change her mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my - sooooooooo cute!!! xok :-)

    ReplyDelete